Sevilla guarantee a third straight all-Spanish European Super Cup
Sevilla will take on either Atlético or Real Madrid on 9 August in Norway following their win over Liverpool. The Andalusians have faced La Liga sides in the previous two editions.
Sevilla's victory over Liverpool in the Europa League final ensures that all three of the continent's most prestigious club titles will be making their way to Spain this year. Unai Emery's men will face either Atlético Madrid or Real Madrid (who play each other in the Champions League showpiece event on 28 May) in the final of the European Super Cup, which will take place on 9 August in Trondheim, Norway.
This year's edition of the UEFA Super Cup marks the third consecutive showdown between Spanish sides. Real Madrid and Sevilla battled it out in Cardiff in 2014, while Barça overcame the Andalusians in Tbilisi in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops