Fernando Alonso scores Messi type lovely free kick in F1 match
In the now traditional F1 charity match to raise funds for less fortunate children, Fernando Alonso scored two goals including a sweet free kick.
Man of the match: Fernando Alonso
The Asturian F1 driver, currently in the hot seat at McLaren Honda, took part in the charity match in the Luis II stadium in Monaco. Alongside him on the pitch were other drivers (including Felipe Massa and Max Verstappen), and others from the world of sport, singers and the king of the principality, Alberto II.
Raising money for underprivileged children was the order of the day in a match that has been going for 20-years, held prior to the Grand Prix there. The All-Star XI was managed by the man who has taken world headlines over the past few months, Claudio Ranieri, who led Leicester City to an incredible title in the English Premier League.
The Italian wasn't able to reproduce his magic on this occasion, however, with his side going down 3-1 to the F1 drivers and Fernando Alonso scored two of his sides goals. A beautifully weighted, curling free-kick into the postage stamp area was the highlight. Watch and admire.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?
- Coronavirus California shuts down for the second time as Covid-19 cases keep increasing
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today