Fernando Alonso scores Messi type lovely free kick in F1 match
In the now traditional F1 charity match to raise funds for less fortunate children, Fernando Alonso scored two goals including a sweet free kick.
Man of the match: Fernando Alonso
The Asturian F1 driver, currently in the hot seat at McLaren Honda, took part in the charity match in the Luis II stadium in Monaco. Alongside him on the pitch were other drivers (including Felipe Massa and Max Verstappen), and others from the world of sport, singers and the king of the principality, Alberto II.
Raising money for underprivileged children was the order of the day in a match that has been going for 20-years, held prior to the Grand Prix there. The All-Star XI was managed by the man who has taken world headlines over the past few months, Claudio Ranieri, who led Leicester City to an incredible title in the English Premier League.
The Italian wasn't able to reproduce his magic on this occasion, however, with his side going down 3-1 to the F1 drivers and Fernando Alonso scored two of his sides goals. A beautifully weighted, curling free-kick into the postage stamp area was the highlight. Watch and admire.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online & coronavirus: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks & latest news
- FOOTBALL Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
- LIGUE 1 PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
- Manchester United It's down to me to show the real Anthony Martial - Man Utd forward aiming to rediscover form
- FOOTBALL Bayern: Coman wants another treble, but this time with fans
- JUVENTUS-BARCELONA Arthur-Pjanic swap deal isn't going to plan in Turin or Barcelona