REAL MADRID - ATLÉTICO
Champions League final tickets going for 2,000 euros
In the hours before the start of the Real Madrid - Atlético Madrid Champions League final tickets were being re-sold for 2,000 euros, but some were apparently fake.
In the run-up to the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid at the San Siro in Milan (kick off 8.45pm CEST), there were plenty of ticket touts around the stadium for those desperate to see their heroes in action, in pursuit of the Undécima or the Primera.
Touts around the San Siro
Tens of bagarini, as the touts are known in Italian, were loitering near the ground, coming up discretely to anybody who looked like they might be on the look out for a seat. And the bagarinis appeared to be making a tidy profit: the very cheapest ticket available we found was going for 1,300 euros, far in excess of the face price. And most of the tickets on offer were for 2,000 euros or more.
Business was brisk all afternoon, but some of those buying a ticket for the historic final in Milan between the two Madrid sides won't be going into the ground, despite parting with a sizeable amount of cash. According to one of the touts a "group of gypsies" were selling "identical copies" to the touts for 300 euros, which were then being sold for between 700 and 1,000 euros.
Problems with Inter 'Ultras'
The sale of fake tickets was being pursued by the Inter Ultras who in general organise the 'standard' touts outside the ground. According to our source they were "pursuing the gypsies" and attempting to stop the sale of fake tickets, as it undermines confidence in their market.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?