Modric a doubt for Spain match after going off injured
The Croatia midfielder suffered a muscle strain forcing him off the field in the 62nd minute in the 2-2 draw against Czech Republic. He was replaced by Real Madrid teammate Kovacic.
The worst news possible for Croatia on Friday afternoon – aside from throwing away a two goal lead against Czech Republic – was an injury to star man Luka Modric. The Real Madrid player was forced off in the 62nd minute after suffering a minor muscle strain.
Kovacic replaced Modric
With Croatia up and cruising at 2-0, coach Cacic had to take Modric off, sending Madrid teammate Kovacic on in his place. The midfielder had been having a good game up until that point, although not quite at the brilliant level he set against Turkey last Saturday.
Modric has been carrying muscle problems ever since the grueling Champions League final last month, leaving him unable to play a full part in Croatia’s warm-up games.
Doubt for Spain match
“He played a lot of minutes against Turkey, so he needs to look after himself,” said Cacic after the country’s opening Euro 2016 match. Although Modric was sees smiling on the bench after his substitution, the strain has made him a doubt for Croatia’s Group D crunch-match against Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight