Shaqiri on ripped shirts: "I hope Puma don't make condoms"
After his team confirmed qualification out of the group phase, the Swiss player had a laugh about his national side's shirt manufacturer after five of them ripped.
Xherdan Shaqiri joked after the 0-0 draw with France which saw five of his team's shirts being ripped during the game. "I hope that Puma don't make condoms", quipped the Stoke City winger according to Blick.
What happened last night at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille was very unusual and for this reason stood out to the viewing masses almost as a side-show to the main event. Puma, the company that manufactured the Swiss tops, may have not been enjoying it quite as much. Maybe this is a case when the old adage, 'there's no such thing as bad publicity,' does not hold true.
On the back of the attention raised by the various incidents, the German sports brand issued a statment:
"Seeing our shirts being ripped in a match last night was the first time we have experienced such an issue. Five Puma teams have played 10 games in this tournament without such problems. Our product people are currently investigating the shirt material. We will provide a further update when we have one."
Puma weren't the only sports brand with faulty equipment last night. In the same game, bitter rival brand, Adidas saw their match ball burst after a challenge between players.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7