Atlético Madrid are continuing with their search for a new star striker for next season, having made a list of possible transfer targets. Diego Costa is believed to be the prime objective of the Rojiblanco coach, Diego Simeone, with the Chelsea forward already having expressed his interest. However, signing him would be far from simple.
Atléti not Aubameyang's only admirers
With that in consideration, the name of Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is one that’s also been on the mind of those at the helm of the Manzanares club. So much so that Atléti have already made contact with the Borussia Dortmund player’s father Pierre and agent Oscar Damiani to find out if he’d be open to a move. Atléti are not Aubameyeng’s only admirers however following the 27-year old’s impressive recent campaign in the Bundesliga. Manchester City in particular are rumoured to be close to gaining his signature for an estimated fee of €45 million euros.
There are pros and cons over Aubameyang in relation to a potential transfer to Atlético. On the plus side, he’d fit in perfectly to Simeone’s counter attacking style of play with his electrifying pace. He can also score goals: 39 in 49 games in the season just gone.
Rival Real Madrid interest
On the hand, Aubameyang hasn’t exactly hidden his interest in joining Real Madrid. In fact, he’s met up with Real representatives on a number of occasions. Whether Los Blancos decide to act or not depends on if Álvaro Morata finds himself back the Bernabéu this summer. If that deal does happen, Atlético would stand a much better chanbe of bringing him to the other side of the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim