Cristiano Ronaldo equals Michel Platini record in win over Wales
The Portugal ace drew level with Platini's career European Championship haul as the Seleçao reached the final at France 2016.
Cristiano Ronaldo equalled France legend Michel Platini's record as the all-time top scorer at European Championships during Portugal's 2-0 semi-final victory over Wales on Wednesday.
Opener in last-four win
Five minutes into the second half in Lyon, the Real Madrid man headed in Raphael Guerreiro's cross to give Fernando Santos' men the lead - his ninth goal in four finals appearances.
Having taken his tally at France 2016 to three, the 31-year-old then teed up his team's second as his shot was turned home by recent Valencia signing Nani.
Goals at three previous Euros
The ex-Manchester United man netted twice as Portugal reached the final of Euro 2004, once at Euro 2008 and three times before a semi-final exit to Spain in 2012.
All of Platini's nine tournament strikes came at Euro 84, which saw hosts France see off Spain in the final to lift the Henri Delaunay Trophy.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?