Real Madrid to miss out as Kanté looks set to sign for Chelsea
The central midfielder that had such an impressive title-winning season for Leicester looks set to snub Madrid for London in a five-year deal according to Le Parisien.
Chelsea seem set to win the battle for the signature of N’Golo Kanté, who will put pen to paper with the Blues tying him down to five years in London, according to French newspaper 'Le Parisien'.
The move will cost Antonio Conte's new club 35 million euros (29.2m pounds) even though the release clause for the midefielder is only 26 million euros (21.7m pounds). This means that the planned reenforcement - to support and compete with Casemiro - to Zidane's midfield at Madrid will have to be found elsewhere.
The 25-year old, Kanté, who finished Euro 2016 as runner-up with his country, will leave Leicester after renewing his contract to a value of 120,000 euros per week. The player was also rumoured to be part of a huge-money deal from China but Chelsea look to have wrapped it up putting a close to the potentially long-running saga.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?