"If they don't get rid of me, I'm going to stay here as a director." Those are the words of Francesco Totti, who at the age of 40 is preparing for his 25th season at Roma - a season which could well be his last as a player.
"I was born in Rome and I'll die in Rome"
"I was born in Rome and I'll die in Rome," said the club's captain as preseason gets underway in Italy. During the interview, Totti talked of the team's objectives for the year ahead. "El Scudetto is going to be a complicated. I don't say it through superstition, it's just that there's a better team around than ours at the moment so you have to be realistic."
"They're from a different dimension"
Asked by a fan who he preferred out of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, he said: "They both come from a different planet. Of course, they play in two great teams in Real Madrid and Barcelona, but yes, if they came to play here, I'd sit in the stands because you need to watch beautiful players like them. You've got to be honest, they're from a different dimension."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up