Tello and Montoya look set to cause a dressing room scene
Tello and Montoya aren't in Luis Enrique's plans, but they turned up at training anyway, despite being told not to come back until 8 August.
Montoya and Tello not in Luis Enrique's plans
Martín Montoya and Cristian Tello are still under contract with Barcelona, but Luis Enrique has made it clear they're not in his plans. Hence the Catalan club told them not to turn up to training until as late as possible: the 8 August.
However Tello and Montoya decided to ignore the club's message and turn up at training today, Wednesday. Striker Tello even posted a photo on Instagram saying,somewhat defiantly, they were "starting".
Tello and Montoya didn't train with the team
In the end the pair didn't get to come out on the pitch with the rest of their teammates, but did get to use the facilities at the training ground.
Players' rights to train
According to the players' union agreement with the clubs, Barcelona are obliged to allow players under contract to train if they file a complaint. In general these situations are resolved in one of two manners. If the player in question doesn't want to make a fuss they can train in the gym (or even just tell the players' union that's what they're doing).
Players' Union could step in on behalf of Tello and Montoya
However if Tello and Montoya were to decide to file a complaint the Union will step in on their behalf to negotiate with Barcelona. And if that doesn't work they'll get their lawyers involved, with the possible outcome that Barcelona would be forcced to allow the players to train with the rest.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history