Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo on Saturday published a report stating that Luciano Vietto will imminently become a Barcelona player. Atlético and Barça have reportedly reached an agreement and a fee of 22 million euros will change hands for the 22-year-old Argentinean forward. According to Mundo Deportivo, all that remains is for the player to agree personal terms.
Sevilla had entered the reckoning for Vietto when Barcelona appeared to have tied up the deal, at the express petition of new manager Jorge Sampaoli. Sevilla sporting director Monchi promised Vietto what Barcelona cannot: regular playing time. However, when it seemed that Vietto was destined for the Sánchez Pizjuán Barcelona appeared on the horizon.
If the deal is concluded, Vietto will be Barcelona’s fifth summer signing after the arrivals of Samuel Umtiti, Denis Suárez, Lucas Digne and André Gomes.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon