Real Madrid have had a change of plan over Gareth Bale, Toni Kroos and Pepe – who had all originally been expected to return to the club and begin their pre-season on 31 July. Zidane, advised by his fitness coach, Pintus, has prolonged their holidays because none of the three would have arrived in optimal condition to play in the European Supercup against Sevilla on 9 August. Bale and Kroos will now start preseason on 6 August (and if summoned to Norway, which is unlikely, would do so with only three days training behind them), while Cristiano and Pepe will return on the 10th.
Zidane wants players in optimal condition
The extended rest Zidane has given to his players his perhaps a glimpse of the physical condition he’ll expect them to be in for another long, hard season, with another five titles up for grabs. Zidane is well aware of the collapse the 2014-15 side suffered under Ancelotti when they were unbeatable in December but left exhausted by May.
With this, Bale will now enjoy 38 days’ vacation, Kroos 35, Cristiano and Pepe 33. The only players that cut their holidays short were Kovacic, Morata and Lucas Vázquez.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest