Jesé to join PSG
Real Madrid and PSG reached an agreement on Tuesday which will see the forward either loaned or directly transferred. An official announcement is expected in the next few hours.
Jesé Rodríguez set to join Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid and PSG reached an agreement on Tuesday for the transfer of Jesé. L'Équipe report that the Parisiens will pay Madrid a fee of around 25 million euros for what would be a direct transfer, but both clubs are still hammering out the terms and conditions of the operation. Madrid would prefer a loan while PSG want a straight transfer. In the Bernabéu back offices there is a real concern about offloading the forward when the club is still awaiting its fate regarding the FIFA transfer ban. If FIFA confirm the ban, prohiniting Madrid from entering the transfer markets for two inscription periods (which is the expected punishment), they will be unable to recover Jesé if he is transferred - even if a buy-back clause were to be included. PSG however are insisting in a direct purchase - a four-year contract with the option of a fifth. Once the final flecks of the deal have been smoothed out, the news will be made official and Jesé will fly out to Paris.
Unai Emery keen to sign the player to partner Cavani
The two clubs have spent several weeks discussing the ins and outs of the deal. The player’s agent in Spain Ginés Carvajal flew out to the United States last week to tell his client that Unai Emery has been pushing hard for the signing to go though. Emery sees Jesé as the ideal partner for Cavani - a pacy forward who is capable of cutting in from the right, but who can also stand in for the Uruguayan and take over duties in attack when Cavani needs to rest.
A deal is imminent – which is why Jesé didn’t play a single minute of the team’s most recent outing against Chelsea; Zidane admitting PSG’s interest in the post-match press conference.
Jesé, who is under contract with Madrid until 2017, went into the pre-season with the idea of continuing at the Bernabéu but after talking it through with Zidane, it was made clear that to gain regular playing time, he would have to leave. Unai Emery has promised such consistency at PSG. Once the transfer is made official, Jesé will become the French club’s fifth reinforcement this summer, following recent arrivals Hatem Ben Arfa, Thomas Meunier, Grzegorz Krychowiak and Alphonse Areola.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?