Borja Bastón: Swansea City close to club-record deal for striker
Swans boss Francesco Guidolin has admitted that the Premier League side are on the brink of completing a move for the 23-year-old Spaniard.Napoli vs Manchester City live online
Swansea City are on the verge of signing striker Borja Bastón from Atlético Madrid in a club-record transfer swoop.
Guidolin: "I think it is imminent"
Swans manager Francesco Guidolin has admitted that a deal for the 23-year-old is near, declaring: "I think it is close. I think it is imminent."
Bastón, who scored 18 LaLiga goals during a season-long loan at Eibar last term, is expected to join the Premier League side for £15 million (18 million euros).
This would eclipse the £12 million fee that the Welsh outfit paid for Dutchman Wilfried Bony three years ago.
Second Spanish signing in a matter of days
The move would see Bastón link up at the Liberty Stadium with fellow Spaniard Fernando Llorente, who signed for Swansea on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness