Poolgate continues as green water begins emitting foul smell
The now infamous green diving pool in Rio was closed on Friday morning causing divers to miss practice. German competitor commented that it smells "like sombody farted"
The Olympic diving pool, which since Tuesday has turned an unusual green colour owing to problems with pH levels, has started to cause more worrying concerns. On Friday morning, divers weren't able to train, although the women's 3m springboarddue is scheduled to go ahead later on in the day.
"It smells like somebody farted"
This time the problem isn't just with the strange colour but also due to foul smells coming from the water. German competitor Stephan Feck shared on Facebook a photo of himself holding his nose in disgust, commenting: "The moment you want to do some workout and the pool is closed...the whole venue smells like somebody has farted."
Up until now, the Olympics organisers have said that despite the green color, there aren't any risks to health and that divers are actually happy with the change as it means they can see the pool better.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement