Poolgate continues as green water begins emitting foul smell
The now infamous green diving pool in Rio was closed on Friday morning causing divers to miss practice. German competitor commented that it smells "like sombody farted"
The Olympic diving pool, which since Tuesday has turned an unusual green colour owing to problems with pH levels, has started to cause more worrying concerns. On Friday morning, divers weren't able to train, although the women's 3m springboarddue is scheduled to go ahead later on in the day.
"It smells like somebody farted"
This time the problem isn't just with the strange colour but also due to foul smells coming from the water. German competitor Stephan Feck shared on Facebook a photo of himself holding his nose in disgust, commenting: "The moment you want to do some workout and the pool is closed...the whole venue smells like somebody has farted."
Up until now, the Olympics organisers have said that despite the green color, there aren't any risks to health and that divers are actually happy with the change as it means they can see the pool better.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu