BARCELONA 6 -2 BETIS
Poyet: "Like any football fan, I enjoyed watching Messi"
Betis' coach Gus Poyet heaped praise on Leo Messi and said of compatriot Luis Suárez. "He showed no compassion, even though we are friends". Sporting vs Barcelona
Betis coach Gus Poyet wasn't searching for excuses after watching his side crumple to a 6-2 defeat to Barcelona at Camp Nou; the coach asked for time to adjust his project and pointed out that football matches are not won with words...
Overall feelings on the game: “Up until the 37th minute, we had the game fairly well-controlled. Then came Messi's goal, and that desstabilized us. If you try to play football here, you quickly find out that they are going to put five or six past you. You have to keep that group mentality and stay together as a team because if not, your confidence will just be destroyed. A result like this could happen in Week 30, but it's much harder to take when it happens on the opening day”.
Intensity: “My favourite system is quite clear - four at the back. I think I've only strayed from that system about three times in my life; but after analyzing Barça, it seemed the best option to me. The problem is that, when you go two goals down, the pressure really starts to weigh on you. Our league starts next Friday; we have 10 new players and now we have to find our identity and start winning our matches”.
Barça: “As a football fan myself, I enjoyed watching Messi. Sometimes though, you just wish he would have an off day. Sometimes times seems to fly by, but not here at Camp Nou... they had the game under their complete control”.
Luis Suárez: “He showed no compassion, even though we are friends...”.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2