Nico Pareja commits to Sevilla until June 2019
The Argentine central defender would have been free to move to the club of his choice at the end of his previous arrangement, which was due to expire next summer.
Nico Pareja has extended his contract with Sevilla until June 2019, adding an extra two years onto his existing arrangement. Pareja, who joined Sevilla in the summer of 2013, would have been free to move to the club of his choice next summer, but has been a first choice in the side since Jorge Sampaoli took over the reins.
At the start of the summer there were a few doubts as to whether the Argentine centre-back would continue at the club. Sevilla were willing to listen to offers on the condition that Pareja found a deal which suited him. But the defender's impressive pre-season convinced both sides that the best option was for the player to stay. Pareja, who wore the captain's armband in Saturday's win over Espanyol, will give a press conference tomorrow.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?