Pakistan to play first day-night Test against Windies in October
The Pakistan Cricket Board has confirmed that the world's highest-ranked Test side are to make their pink-ball debut in the UAE.
Pakistan will play their first ever day-night Test match from 13 to 17 October in Dubai against the West Indies, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced.
Beginning on 23 September, the teams will play three Twenty20 internationals, three one-day fixtures and as many Test matches in the United Arab Emirates.
The Dubai Cricket Stadium will play host to the country's maiden day-night clash with the pink ball, as the International Cricket Council fights to increase a dwindling spectator count in the longest format of the game.
Abu Dhabi will be the venue for the second Test from 21 October, with the third and final test to begin in Sharjah nine days later.
Pakistan, currently the top ranked Test team in the world, are scheduled to play another day-night test against Australia in Brisbane from 15 December.
Australia and New Zealand played the first floodlit Test at the Adelaide Oval in November, bringing more than 123,000 fans through the gates.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream