Pakistan to play first day-night Test against Windies in October
The Pakistan Cricket Board has confirmed that the world's highest-ranked Test side are to make their pink-ball debut in the UAE.
Pakistan will play their first ever day-night Test match from 13 to 17 October in Dubai against the West Indies, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced.
Beginning on 23 September, the teams will play three Twenty20 internationals, three one-day fixtures and as many Test matches in the United Arab Emirates.
The Dubai Cricket Stadium will play host to the country's maiden day-night clash with the pink ball, as the International Cricket Council fights to increase a dwindling spectator count in the longest format of the game.
Abu Dhabi will be the venue for the second Test from 21 October, with the third and final test to begin in Sharjah nine days later.
Pakistan, currently the top ranked Test team in the world, are scheduled to play another day-night test against Australia in Brisbane from 15 December.
Australia and New Zealand played the first floodlit Test at the Adelaide Oval in November, bringing more than 123,000 fans through the gates.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Gil Marín statement backing Simeone and calling for calm
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp says nothing 'inevitable' about Liverpool winning title
- LALIGA Valencia vs Barcelona: how and where to watch
- REAL SOCIEDAD Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
- BUNDESLIGA Five goals in 57 minutes for Haaland at Borussia Dortmund