Isco is the apple of Málaga president Al-Thani's eye
Al-Thani, still dreaming of Isco
Isco is still incredibly dear to Abdullah Al-Thani, owner and president of Málaga. The midfielder's departure hurt him deeply, but he understood he couldn't stop the twinkle-toed genius leaving the nest. Al-Thani ordered that Isco's number, 22, be retired.
The prohibition lasted one year, and 'two little ducks' was inherited by Luis Alberto. Since then, and right up to today, Al-Thani has lived in hope that the genius of Benalmádena would return to the Rosaleda. "This is and will be his home", Al-Thani has said numerous times on his favourite social network Twitter.
Isco, Málaga and the Champions League
In Málaga, the names Isco and the Champions League go together like meat and potatoes or ham and egss. His stunning goals and fine performances against Panathinaikos, Zenit Saint Petersburg, Milan, Anderlecht, Porto and Borussia Dortmund are etched into the retinas of every true Málaga fan, who still consider him one of their own.
Málaga still loves Isco
His triumphs are the triumphs of Málaga football club and the pride of his home town. In Málaga you see so many people wearing a shirt, whether Málaga, Real Madrid or Spain, with Isco's name on the back. Al-Thani still loves, Málaga still loves him.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays