Brazilian Formula One driver Felipe Massa announced on Thursday he will retire at the end of the 2016 season. Massa began his Grand Prix career in 2002 with Sauber before moving to Ferrari in 2006 and then Williams.
Challenged at the top
The 35-year-old missed out on the championship to Britain's Lewis Hamilton by one point in 2008 at the final race of the season in his native Brazil.
Massa is in his third year with Williams, having joined the team in 2014, and will mark his 250th Grand Prix start at his final race in Abu Dhabi this year.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders