Spanish athlete Bruno Hortelano has been admitted to Madrid's 12 de Octubre hospital after a car accident near Madrid in the early hours of the morning.
The 24 year old sprinter was the co-passenger in the car travelling on the A6 La Coruña motorway at 6:59 (CET) and has undergone surgery on a damaged right hand with breakage to a series of bones. The ambulance crew who attended the accident confirmed that a "24 year old male with catastrophic hand injuries with a risk of amputation" was rescued from a car at 06:59 on the A6 and immediately taken to the 12 de Octubre hospital in the south of Madrid.
Later in the morning the hospital confirmed that the athlete also received a slight blow to the head from the impact.
Agent concerned about state of hand
Hortelano's agent Alberto Armas confirmed the news and stated that the major worry is the damage suffered to Hortelano's hand.
Bruno Hortelano ha sufrido un accidente de tráfico esta madrugada en Madrid. Esta siendo operado de unas lesiones en su mano derecha— Alberto Armas (@alberto_armas) September 5, 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?