Madrid-Barça to get 16/17 basketball season under way
Baskonia and Herbalife Gran Canaria are the other participating teams in the 2016 basketball Supercopa which takes place in Vitoria.
The draw has been made for the 2016 basketball season opener, the Supercopa Endesa and has seen Laboral Kutxa pitted against Herbalife Gran Canaria and that encounter will be followed by Real Madrid against FC Barcelona Lassa. Both semi-finals take place on September 23 at 19:00 and 21:30 respectively at the Fernando Buesa Arena in Vitoria. The final will take place the following day
The four-way tournament features Real Madrid (current league and Copa del Rey holder), FC Barcelona Lassa (league runner-up and current holders of the Supercopa), Herbalife Gran Canaria (Copa del Rey runner-up) and Laboral Kutxa Baskonia, as hosts.
The curtain opener features the best teams currently in the domestic game with the top three from last season's league campaign along with Herbalife Gran Canaria, who finished fifth in the regular season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?