FIFA TRANSFER BAN
Atlético Madrid to appeal against FIFA transfer ban
"One hundred percent of the licenses of our players that are part of this investigation and are still in the club, have been regularised by FIFA," the club's official statement said.
Atlético Madrid released a statement stating that the club will appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against FIFA's ruling to ban the club, and neighbours Real Madrid, from signing players until January 2018.
The official statement is the following:
Club Atlético de Madrid has learned today of the decision of FIFA’s Appeal Committee to reject the appeal filed by our club and confirm in its integrity the ban imposed by FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee in the case concerning the registration of players under age, consisting in the prohibition of registering players in the next two registration periods and a financial penalty of 900,000 Swiss Francs (820,000 Euros).
Our club does not agree with the ruling, so it has decided to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS/CAS). Anticipating that FIFA could ratify this ban, the club hired months ago a team of international experts to defend the case and protect the rights of Atlético de Madrid.
Our organization wishes to express that one hundred percent of the licenses of our players that are part of this investigation and are still in the club, have been regularised by FIFA, receiving the authorization from the subcommittee in order to process their licenses and compete in their different categories.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2