Ronaldo scores stunning free-kick against Sporting Lisbon
Cristiano Ronaldo scored the vital equaliser against Sporting Lisbon in Real Madrid's opening Champions League Group F match at the Bernabéu, leading to Álvaro Morata's winner deep into time added on.
Ronaldo maintains record against former clubs
Ronaldo was quiet for much of the match, but scored a sublime free-kick to maintain his 100% scoring record against his former clubs.
Ronaldo spoke after the game:
The game: "Sporting played really well and made things tough for us. But Madrid have made history with their fightbacks in this legendary stadium. But this was a warning that we can't be so soft or we'll be dominated. We want to be first in the group".
Praise from Raúl: "He's a friend and his words are an honour because he's someone I admire as a person and a player. He's been with us over the last few days."
Not celebrating his goal: "Instinctively I was going to celebrate it, but [Sporting] is the team that made me, and I couldn't do it"
The Sporting president wants you to retire there: "For me it's an honour that people still have affection for me. I feel lucky, but I'm great at Madrid and I want to finish here, because it's the club that's in my heart right now".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?