Gareth Bale a doubt for LaLiga clash with Espanyol
The Welshman went off injured against Sporting and will undergo medical tests tomorrow. James or Lucas Vázquez could come into the side in his place.
Gareth Bale’s flying start to the season could be set to come to a sudden halt this weekend after he went off with a knock early in the second half of Real Madrid’s 2-1 win over Sporting Lisbon on Wednesday night.
Injury forced Bale off in the second half
The Welshman tumbled to the ground after a challenge from Sebastian Coates just before the break and took a few minutes to get back up. Though he continued into the second half he lasted little over 20 minutes before he was replaced by Lucas Vázquez.
Lucas Vázquez or James the likely replacement
Bale looked visibly in pain and will meet with club doctors tomorrow morning to determine the full extent of the injury. It’s likely that he’ll miss Real Madrid’s visit to Espanyol at the weekend, forcing coach Zinedine Zidane into making a change. Either Lucas Vázquez or James, neither of which have started a league game this season, will come into the side in his place.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?