Cristiano: the most followed man on social media
The Real Madrid striker only trails pop star Taylor Swift in the overall list with his 238 million followers over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is the man with the most followers in the world across social media platforms, and the second most followed person overall behind pop icon Taylor Swift, according to Apple Tree Communications.
Ronaldo now has 238 million followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram combined, and is the only male in the top five, which is topped by Swift (219m), Katy Perry (219m), Selena Gómez (205m) and Rihanna (190m).
Women rule social media
With the Portuguese footballer clearly being the odd one out, the Apple Tree Communications analysis notes three defining trends linking the top five: female, singer, and American.
The music aspect is something which is a continuing trend when looking more widely at the top 20 most followed people on the internet, with 13 overall working in the industry. Meanwhile, 60% of the top 20 is made up by women, and 65% were born in the United States.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game