Barcelona star Lionel Messi was forced to leave the field injured as Barcelona drew 1-1 with Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou on Wednesday.
After taking a kick to the back to heel in the 60th minute, the Argentinian pulled up and waved for play to stop for a foul.
Messi's early season injury worries
Luis Enrique didn't want to take any risks, with Messi only just recovering from a muscle injury, and swiftly replaced the Barça number '10' with Arda Turan.
The striker left the field limping accompanied by a team doctor, and it remains to be seen whether any damage has been caused or if his substitution was just a precautionary measure.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'