Barcelona star Lionel Messi was forced to leave the field injured as Barcelona drew 1-1 with Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou on Wednesday.
After taking a kick to the back to heel in the 60th minute, the Argentinian pulled up and waved for play to stop for a foul.
Messi's early season injury worries
Luis Enrique didn't want to take any risks, with Messi only just recovering from a muscle injury, and swiftly replaced the Barça number '10' with Arda Turan.
The striker left the field limping accompanied by a team doctor, and it remains to be seen whether any damage has been caused or if his substitution was just a precautionary measure.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops