Sevilla set to clock up 500 days without LaLiga away win
The Andalusians lost 3-1 away to Athletic Club in the league this weekend - and haven't taken the points on the road since May 2015.
Sevilla's 3-1 defeat at Athletic Club on Saturday means the Andalusians have now gone 22 away games in LaLiga without tasting victory - an unwanted sequence stretching back a whopping 490 days to the final weekend of the 2014/15 campaign.
No away league wins since May 2015
The Europa League holders' last league win on the road came against Málaga on 23 May 2015, when goals from José Antonio Reyes, Éver Banega and Aleix Vidal earned the side - coached by previous boss Unai Emery - a 3-2 triumph.
Under Emery, who left to take over at Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain this summer after three years at the Estadio Ramón Sanchéz-Pizjuán, Sevilla then failed to claim all three points in any of their 19 away trips in Spain's top flight last season.
And his successor, Jorge Sampaoli, has been unable to halt that negative run so far this term: their three clashes on their travels have seen them come away with no more than a point, with the loss in Bilbao preceded by draws at Villarreal and Eibar.
500-day mark set to be surpassed
Sevilla's next chance to get back to winning ways away from home doesn't come until 15 October, when they take on Leganés following the international break - by which time over 500 days will have passed since that victory at La Rosaleda.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"