Gran Canaria overcome Barça to secure first title in their history
The Canary Islanders have broken the Madrid/ Barcelona stranglehold in domestic basketball with a Spanish Super Cup win.
Herbalife Gran Canaria were too strong for Barça in Vitoria last night and their win sees the Canary Islanders take their place in Spanish basketball's history books.
Their Super Cup win in Vitoria sees them win the first ACB title since 2010 (when Baskonia were proclaimed league champions) and break the Real Madrid/ FC Barcelona dominance on Spanish basketball with the giants of the game sharing the last 19 trophies.
🏆 No dejen de soñar.— HerbalifeGranCanaria (@GranCanariaCB) September 24, 2016
Nosotros no lo hacemos 🏆 pic.twitter.com/l8HegtUrVL
The Canary Islanders have been patently building a solid platform with coach Luis Casemiro and their reaching the Eurocup final in 2015 and performance in last seasons Copa del Rey are testament o their progression in recent years.
Last night in vitoria, Bo McCalebb was the star player with "American hero", Kyle Kuric winning the MVP award some months after recovering from a brain tumor.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022