Márquez wins in Aragón to move closer to third title
Honda's Marc Márquez ended MotoGP's streak of eight different winners and moved a step closer to taking his third world title with victory at Spain's MotorLand Aragon circuit on Sunday.
One big step closer
Honda's Marc Márquez ended MotoGP's streak of eight different winners and moved a big step closer to taking his third world title with victory at Spain's MotorLand Aragón circuit on Sunday.
A big advantage
The Spaniard, who now has a 52-point advantage over Yamaha's Italian Valentino Rossi with four races remaining, started on pole but almost fell on the third lap before coming back through the field from fifth. Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo, Yamaha's reigning world champion, finished second.
Rossi had to settle for third place after leading until Marquez passed him 12 laps from the end. Marquez now has 248 points to Rossi's 196 and, with 25 points for a victory, the 23-year-old is on course to wrap up the championship with two races to spare at Australia's Phillip Island track on Oct 23.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford