James stays with Colombia, not ruled out for Uruguay match
Colombia coach Pekerman said Real Madrid midfielder would be assessed on a day to day basis and he could play the World Cup qualifier against Uruguay.
James continues with Colombia
Colombia coach José Pékerman discussed the situation of injured Real Madrid midfielder James with World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Uruguay coming up. "James is ruled out for tomorrow's game [against Paraguay], from what we've seen from what he's being doing. We'll see how he evolves after the game. He's doing what he would be doing at his club, what he'd be doing in the same situation, his rehabilitation is in line with the diagnosis".
Pékerman won't discuss James recovery time-frame
Pékerman didn't want to discuss how long James could be out for, and said he would be monitored on a "day to day basis". "We can't discuss time-frames yet. I only want to stress that everything is being done professionally."
With that the Colombia coach wanted to make it clear that he had heard the concerns being felt at Real Madrid over the player's situation. However Pékerman made it clear he was acting first in the interests of Colombia: "I need to stand up for Colombia. The clubs own the players and some people will give their opinion. Everybody can talk but they need to have a basis for doing so. I think we've always done the right thing."
As to the possibility of James playing against Uruguay, on 11 October, all that's clear is that it's not been ruled out yet...
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August