The Spanish Public Prosecutor has asked the judge handling the case surrounding Neymar’s transfer from Santos to Barcelona to investigate the player, his father, former Barça president Sandro Rosell and the club itself for alleged crimes of fraud and corruption, maintaining the true cost of the multi-million-euro transfer was concealed from Brazilian investment fund DIS, which held 40 percent of the Brazil star’s rights when the transfer took place in 2013.
Neymar Case reopened by order of criminal justice system
High Court judge José de la Mata initially shelved the case as he found no evidence of wrongdoing but the Spanish criminal justice system has now ordered it to be reopened and tasked the magistrate with processing the matter.
Former Santos president also named
The ruling also names former Santos president Odilio Rodrigues and both Barcelona and Santos as legal entities in the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth