The Spanish Public Prosecutor has asked the judge handling the case surrounding Neymar’s transfer from Santos to Barcelona to investigate the player, his father, former Barça president Sandro Rosell and the club itself for alleged crimes of fraud and corruption, maintaining the true cost of the multi-million-euro transfer was concealed from Brazilian investment fund DIS, which held 40 percent of the Brazil star’s rights when the transfer took place in 2013.
Neymar Case reopened by order of criminal justice system
High Court judge José de la Mata initially shelved the case as he found no evidence of wrongdoing but the Spanish criminal justice system has now ordered it to be reopened and tasked the magistrate with processing the matter.
Former Santos president also named
The ruling also names former Santos president Odilio Rodrigues and both Barcelona and Santos as legal entities in the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August