SPAIN | VITOLO
Vitolo broods over points dropped in Turin
"I've worked very hard to get here and I'm going to continue to make a massive effort so that I can stay here", said the forward, who scored Spain's only goal against Italy.
- Coverage match of the World Cup 2018 qualifier Spain-Israel.
Vitolo looked back over last night's 1-1 draw with Italy in Turin, a result which he feels was a missed opportunity for Spain to cement a strong position in Group G.
Proud to play for Spain
You have been one of the big surprises of Lopetegui's Spain. Are you suprised that have won your place in the side?
I'm not too surprised because I have worked very hard to get here. It's something I have grafted hard for, and I know that now I am here, the hard part is maintaining my place in the side. But I am going to continue making a big effort so that I can continue with the national team.
On a personal level, how do you feel?
Very proud to be in the Spain squad and proud to play for the team. It's so easy to play in this side. With so many great players in midfield, it's an advantage for those of us who play out wide - we get incredible service. If I am able to reach the opposing area and score, it's because of the great passes I receive - passes which I can really make the most of.
Two points dropped
What's the general consensus about the 1-1 draw against Italy?
That we have dropped two points more than come away with a point. But we put in a good game and the sensations are pretty good.
Another tough test in Albania
What do you expect from Sunday's game against Albania?
A very difficult match, because, while they don't have the same reputation which Italy have, as a side they are just as compact. We will need to be completely focused and start the game at a high pace if we are to avoid an upset. We are not expecting an easy game, quite the opposite.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest