Usain Bolt donates millions to victims of Hurricane Matthew
The Jamaican sprinter has shown his humanitarian side as he supports those affected by the natural catastrophe that struck the island of Haiti and the east coast of the USA
Ten million dollars for Haiti
Usain Bolt has shown his support for those affected by the natural disaster in Haiti and the east coast of the United States that so far has claimed around one thousand lives and left many others in incredibly difficult circumstances. The Jamaican sprinter has donated 10 million dollars (over 8.9 million euros) according to reports from La Gazzetta.
The storms that have hit the island, an area that was already in a sensitive situation since the earthquake of 2010 that measured 7.0 magnitude, also worked their way up the coast causing devastation and affecting around 350,000 people. Bolt, through his foundation, has targeted the funds to help those that have been left homeless which accounts for around 15,000 people after some 3,200 houses were destroyed. The athlete has been to the island to see the situation first hand.
Continued humanitarian aid
This is not the first time that the Olympic champion has collaborated on humanitarian causes. During the Beijing Games in 2008 he contributed 50,000 dollars to children affected by the Sichuan earthquake and, in his homeland, he has put a lot of time and effort into supporting his foundation and has vowed to dedicate even more time to it when he decides to hang up his spikes.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby