Neymar signs new, five-year Barcelona contract
The Brazilian penned extended terms with Barça on Friday afternoon, telling the club's TV channel: "I'm really happy to be renewingBarcelona vs Valencia: Copa del Rey semi-final 17/18
Neymar has signed a new contract with LaLiga giants Barcelona, committing to the Spanish champions until 30 June 2021.
Five-year deal with increased release clause
The Brazilian put pen to paper on his renewed terms at the club's offices on Friday afternoon, accompanied by Blaugrana president Josep Maria Bartomeu.
The 24-year-old's extension sees his buy-out clause raised to an initial 200 million euros and his basic net salary upped to 15 million a year.
"I'm really happy to be renewing"
Ahead of his signing ceremony, the striker said to Barça TV: "I'm really happy to be renewing my contract with the club; I feel really at home here."
And he revealed that his team-mates made it easy for him to adapt to life at the Camp Nou in the wake of his summer 2013 move from Santos.
"Before I came to Barcelona I was obviously already well aware that they were a massive club," he told the outfit's in-house TV channel.
Ace was in awe - but humble stars helped him bed in
"The players here are incredible and, from the outside, that intimidated me a bit before I joined," continued Neymar, who has scored 91 goals in 150 Barça games.
"But as soon as I walked into the dressing room it was clear how down-to-earth they were," he went on. "I was really struck by that, and it helped me to settle in."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona considering offloading Ivan Rakitic this week
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pablo Marí, Arteta's first signing, joins Arsenal on loan
- Women's Football Bala Devi signs for Rangers
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United: Raiola condemns Woodward incident
- BUNDESLIGA Haaland: 75m-euro buy-out clause in Borussia Dortmund deal
- BARCELONA-LEGANÉS Setién: "It would be interesting if a player arrived"