VALENCIA 2-3 BARCELONA
Iniesta's ligament injury could rule him out until 2017
The Barcelona midfielder was taken off on a stretcher and in obvious pain after a late tackle from Enzo Pérez on 13 minutes.
Andrés Iniesta faces a spell on the sidelines until after new year, according to Catalunya Radio, as he suffered damage to ligaments in his right knee in the 2-3 win over Valencia at Mestalla.
The Barcelona midfielder had to be taken off on a stretcher and was in obvious pain after a reckless tackle from Enzo Pérez on 13 minutes. Ivan Rakitic came on to replace him.
Knee ligament damage
The club released a medical report shortly after Iniesta had been examined in Valencia to confirm that the player has suffered a partial injury to the lateral external ligament and kneecap.
He will undergo further tests to determine the exact nature of the injury and the amount of time he faces out once he gets back to Barcelona
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history