Cristiano Ronaldo again fails to score at the Bernabéu
Ever-changing LaLiga summit
Sevilla never give up. With their footballing weave wrapped around the excellent Nasri they won well at Atlético, cutting short their opponents streak of growing optimism with a lovely goal by Nzonzi. Started from a throw in their own half, a run, good support from Vietto and an impeccable finish. That consolidated Sevilla's new place up in second, and along with Villarreal's victory, suddenly sees Atlético slip to fifth. The top of the table is so tight right now that these changes will happen; Atlético leading going into the weekend and ending it outside the top four. Now their neighbours Madrid lead, alone, following a victory over Athletic that was worth more than I thought at first.
4-3-3 and the Real Madrid disorder
Once again, Madrid's disorder is linked to tracking back. With the 4-3-3 set-up including the BBC as the final three, lost balls further up the field result in lots of open spaces and the defence left nervy and fatigued. This meant that although taking an early lead, thanks to an error from the young Saborit, later they were in trouble, conceding a goal and thankful for some clear misses, one for Sabin Merino and two for Williams. They won the match with a late strike and because of some changes made by Valverde. Taking too much of a risk. In saying that, however, it's worth noting that the second great chance fell to Williams when it was already 2-1.
The BBC is not functioning
Cristiano again failed to score. Of the BBC, the only one that justifies his place these days is Bale, who is terrific. Benzema has his occasional moments and Ronaldo looks anxious, prowling the area, but without those bursts of old, and lacking luck or the split second to get into the perfect position. Zidane is beginning to be perceived as being unfair to Lucas Vázquez and Morata, as when they come on they create an incredible feeling. Something, by the way, that also happens with Nacho. Varane was well short yesterday. But Madrid is now the leader, so Zidane can shrug off any criticism that is directed at him.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news