Judge orders seizure of €9m from Real Madrid legend Raúl
According to El Mundo, the seizure comes as a result of a bad investment from a holding company formally owned by Raúl which failed to pay out to its shareholders.
A Spanish court has ordered the seizure of €9.32 million from former Real Madrid striker Raúl Gonzalez, according to El Mundo.
Madrid district court judge Carmen Perez ruled that the amount is owed from a failed investment in a photovoltaic power project. The judge issued the seizure order to a holding company owned by Raúl, Scar Sport, for non-payment of €7.17 m to its shareholders.
Raúl's lawyers appeal
The figure though has risen to more than nine million because it includes interest and costs. According to El Mundo, the ex-Los Blancos star’s lawyers have appealed against this decision.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes