Busquets, Roberto could have been Real Madrid players
Ex-Real scout Manolo Romero has told Ràdio Barcelona he almost helped the Bernabéu outfit sign the Barça duo in their youth days.
A former Real Madrid scout has revealed that Barcelona academy graduates Sergio Busquets and Sergi Roberto could have ended up at Los Blancos.
Manolo Romero parted company with Barça's arch rivals this week after spending 25 years working for the capital club as a talent-spotter in Catalonia.
"Madrid invited Busquets for a trial, but..."
And speaking to Ràdio Barcelona's Què t’hi jugues , he recalled Real's interest in snapping up the pair - now Blaugrana first-team fixtures - as youth players.
"Madrid invited Busquets for a trial, but Barça reacted and signed him without one," he said of the midfielder, who recently extended his illustrious Camp Nou stay.
Roberto to Real "was practically done"
On the versatile Roberto, who has shone at right-back since Dani Alves' departure, he explained: "When he was an under-15s player at Nàstic, I met with his parents."
"He was close to going there [Real]; it was practically done."
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby