It was Mikel Arteta who took a broadside at Messi - La Sexta
According to LaSexta, Guardiola's assistant squared up to the Argentinean in the tunnel: "What are you waiting for? go and get changed, arsehole", he is reported as sayingCopa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
Exchange of words
Leo Messi was involved in an exchange of words in the players' tunnel at the end of Tuesday's Champions League game between Manchester City and Barcelona. While some sources claimed that it was City's Fernandinho who gave the Argentine a verbal lashing, and received a similar mouthful, the player stated today that those claims were completely false.
Kun Agüero was keen to distance himself from the incident, saying: "It was nothing, nothing happened. I couldn't hear what was said. I saw Leo say something, but he didn't say anything to me about when we chatted about other things later on”.
Spanish broadcaster La Sexta reported on Wednesday evening that it was Guardiola's assistant and former blaugrana Mikel Arteta who snarled at Messi on the way to the changing rooms, and report that the tunnel conversation went as follows:
Arteta: "What are you waiting for? Go and get changed, arsehole".
Messi: "Idiot, come over here, don't run off and hide!".
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth