It was Mikel Arteta who took a broadside at Messi - La Sexta
According to LaSexta, Guardiola's assistant squared up to the Argentinean in the tunnel: "What are you waiting for? go and get changed, arsehole", he is reported as sayingCopa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
Exchange of words
Leo Messi was involved in an exchange of words in the players' tunnel at the end of Tuesday's Champions League game between Manchester City and Barcelona. While some sources claimed that it was City's Fernandinho who gave the Argentine a verbal lashing, and received a similar mouthful, the player stated today that those claims were completely false.
Kun Agüero was keen to distance himself from the incident, saying: "It was nothing, nothing happened. I couldn't hear what was said. I saw Leo say something, but he didn't say anything to me about when we chatted about other things later on”.
Spanish broadcaster La Sexta reported on Wednesday evening that it was Guardiola's assistant and former blaugrana Mikel Arteta who snarled at Messi on the way to the changing rooms, and report that the tunnel conversation went as follows:
Arteta: "What are you waiting for? Go and get changed, arsehole".
Messi: "Idiot, come over here, don't run off and hide!".
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history