West Ham's Andy Carroll victim to armed robbery attempt
The 27-year-old footballer was driving towards his home in Essex, east of London, when he was approached at a junction by two motorcyclists who gestured they had a gun.
West Ham United striker Andy Carroll was threatened on Wednesday by two motorcyclists who said they had a gun in what was suspected to be an attempted armed robbery, reports said.
The 27-year-old footballer was driving towards his home in Essex, east of London, when he was approached at a junction by the two motorcyclists who gestured they had a gun, the Press Association reported.
Carroll sped off in his Mercedes G-Wagon after the two men allegedly demanded he stop. He returned to the West Ham training ground and police were called.
London's Metropolitan Police said they were called to reports of an attempted robbery at gunpoint in northeast London, without confirming the identity of the victim.
"The two men threatened the driver and intimated through gesture that they were in possession of a gun. The motorcyclists attempted to block the car as the driver sought to get away.
"The driver of the car -- a man aged in his 20s -- was able to manoeuvre away and he called police for assistance. The suspects rode off prior to the arrival of police.
"The driver of the car was spoken to and an allegation of attempted robbery was recorded," a police spokeswoman said. No arrests have yet been made.
A club spokesman said: "West Ham United can confirm an incident targeting one of our players on Wednesday 2 November. The matter is now being handled by the police."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online