Disappointment is relative
Serena Williams has not finished the 2016 tennis season in the way that we have become accustomed to. The winning machine that she was only took two individual titles this year (plus one in doubles) and after losing the WTA Finals in Singapour, which meant she conceded her world number one place to Angelique Kerber, the American star of the game will be reflecting on a relatively poor campaign.
The importance of a brand
The girl from Palm Beach though has been winning in other ways as her social media activity maintains its momentum. Her favourite sites are Snapchat and Instagram and there is a constant flow of pictures and videos keeping her fans informed about what she's up to off the court.
There's no doubting that the player that is ranked by many commentators as the greatest ever woman in the game will compete again for the top honours in 2017. And she's making sure that her personal brand remains strong.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight