Alex Iwobi's father can see his son playing for Arsenal for many years to come and says the 20-year-old would reject Barcelona if they came knocking.
In an interview with AfricanFootball.com, Chuka Iwobi says his son does not play football for the money and is enjoying his football at the club he has been at since he was six years old.
"In football, you never say no. But at this point in time, he is at the right place.
"He’s doing well at Arsenal, but should any club come for him now, the answer would certainly be no.
"For him now, it’s not about the money.
"So, should a club like Barcelona come with more money, he will certainly stay back at Arsenal because now it is not about him making money, it’s about him concentrating on his career, progressing and going on to the next stage."
Iwobi broke onto the scene last year
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands