Cristiano Ronaldo can go on until he's 41, says ex-fitness coach
Speaking in the Portuguese media, Joao Aroso said the Real Madrid forward can make good on his vow to carry on into his forties.
Real Madrid and Portugal ace Cristiano Ronaldo can continue to perform beyond his thirties, says Joao Aroso, a former fitness coach with the star's national team.
CR7: "I want to play until I'm 41"
Speaking after signing a new deal with Real on Monday, Cristiano, 31, declared he's out to carry on for another ten years - and indicated he'd like that to be in Madrid.
"I want to play until I'm 41," the ex-Manchester United forward explained, adding: "This won't be my last renewal [with Real]. I want to finish here."
And in an interview with the Portuguese publication Expresso, Aroso talked of his confidence in the player's ability to deliver into his early forties.
Cristiano "will never be a slow player"
"If he doesn't have any problems with injuries, he can definitely make it to 41," Aroso said. "I'm not saying he's different, but he has a set of special characteristics.
"Despite gradually losing pace as the years go by, he'll never be a slow player.
"Even at an older age, he'll keep on outfoxing defences with his finishing ability and his experience," Aroso concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"