Barça praise fair play between Iniesta, Piqué and Ramos
All three, currently battling to recover from injury, took to Twitter to spur each other on ahead of El Clásico on 3 December.
A far cry from the bitter exchanges between Real Madrid and Barcelona in the 2011 El Clásico, the sportsmanship displayed by players from both clubs was widely praised ahead of the first Barça-Madrid on 3 December. On Sunday, Barcelona highlighted, via their official website, the tweets exchanged between the respective club captains and Gerard Piqué, emphasising the 'friendly atmosphere' between the Spain team-mates.
Chronologically, Iniesta, who injured his right knee during Barcelona's controversial victory over Valencia at the Mestalla on 22 October, tweeted on Saturday: “Finishing the week feeling good after having worked hard...not bad!!". Ramos, who picked up an injury while playing for Spain on 10 October, replied: "So, we'll see each other in El Clasico? Hopefully we can both make it. Let's keep on working!", Piqué then piped up with: "We'll all be there. May the best [team] win."
El Clásico banter
The conversation continued as Ramos looked to have the last word: "We'll also see you there, of course. One way or another, the three points are ours," before Iniesta replied: "Thanks, Sergio. Hopefully we'll all be there, Gerard. El Clásico deserves it. The less we talk about the points, the better."
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?