Gareth Bale will undergo surgery on his right ankle after dislocating tendons against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League on Tuesday, Real Madrid have confirmed.
29 November operation
The operation will go ahead on 29 November at King Edward VII Hospital in London. Surgeon James Calder will perform the operation under the supervision of club doctors Jesús Olmo and Mikel Aramberri.
Two to three months out
The news means that the Welshman is now expected to be out for two to three months, meaning he’ll definitely miss the rest of Real Madrid’s games this year, including El Clásico and the World Club Cup in December.
Late Jan/Early Feb return
All going well with his recuperation, the club will be targeting a return for Bale in late January/early February 2017 in time for the Champions League last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August