Der Spiegel revelations on Ronaldo's offshore wealth
After yesterday's revelation published by Der Spiegel that Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronado may have evaded tax and hidden up to 150 million euros arising from his image rights contracts in offshore companies, the Spanish Secretary of State for the Treasury, speaking to Spanish radio station COPE confirmed that "the Tax Authorities will carry out those investigations they deem opportune".
Cristiano will be treated like any other citizen
The Secretary of State, José Enrique Fernández de Moya, was categorical in saying that the Tax Authorities would have no hesitation in investigating the Real Madrid striker as if he were any other citizen: "The Tax Authorities in Spain are... incredibly professional and, as it has to be, they will carry out those investigations they consider opportune, as they do with... each and every Spaniard, in compliance with the obligations they have in these fiscal matters", he said.
New information about Ronaldo revealed by the press
The Secretary of State said that the new information about Cristiano Ronaldo held by the Treasury and the Tax Authorities was "revealed yesterday", that is it was obtained from the press.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7