At the end of October, Champions League sponsors Nissan named Gareth Bale and Manchester City's Sergio 'Kun' Agüero as their global ambasasador and today the company published an interview/questionaire in which the Welsh winger spoke about the teams he sees as being with a good chance of being crowned European champions:
"There are lots of amazing teams in the Champions League - Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Juventus have done well in the last few seasons, so yeah, I think there are quite a few good teams in with a chance and that's why it's so difficult to win the trophy; but I hope that we can return to be the best side once again", Bale said.
Twice as difficult
The Madrid No.11 was asked specifically about the chance of facing city rivals Atlético de Madrid, the team who Madrid have met in their last two finals: "They are a very difficult team to beat. They are very well organized defensively and yes, they're very difficult to beat. We've fought against them in two finals and managed to win the trophy. But yeah, they've show that they are a good side and a difficult one to beat - together with a lot of other teams. So it will be difficult for us again, if we meet them this time around", he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?